We’re excited to be working with Buntport Theater on a stage adaptation/supplement to Miriam‘s novel, Riding SideSaddle*. The novel is an open-source text published on 250 interchangeable note cards, and also released online with music by Teacup Gorilla. Now we’re working with Buntport to add new material, and put it all on stage, in a production called 10 Myths on the Proper Application of Beauty Products.
The story follows a cast of friends as they navigate fluid genders, relationships, and bodies that resist order, category, or completion — written by a trans woman, and narrated from a transgender perspective. The dark comed is set in one shared bathroom (with a band in the bathtub), as the characters struggle with love, death, casserole, and the proper way to pluck their eyebrows.
10 Myths on the Proper Application of Beauty Products
March 4—26 at 717 Lipan Street, Denver
- Thursdays-Saturdays at 8:00
- Sundays, March 13th and 20th at 3:00
- Monday, March 21st at 8:00
Tickets are $16 ($13 for seniors)
- $20 opening and closing nights, which includes a food-and-drink reception
- Thursday, March 10th and Monday, March 21st are pay-what-you-can